Monthly Archives: June 2011

Snoopy and Friends Quilt

A friend of mine is having a baby with such a cute theme — Snoopy!  Oh my, it was hard to find fabric to follow this theme.  Eventually, I got my hands on fabric with Snoopy and all of his friends.  Best of all, the fabric was in primary colors, which is my favorite baby quilt color schemes.  Following the Yellow Brick Road pattern, I used 6 fat quarters.  Additionally, I used Snoopy and friends for the border and backing.

I’m linking up with Quilt Story’s Fabric Tuesday.

Fresh Poppy Design

Jelly Roll Quilt Along

…is finally finished!  I was on a roll with the quilt, until I realized that I am not a huge mystery sampler quilter.  This type of quilt along was frustrating, as I didn’t know what all the blocks were and the number of jelly roll strips that would be used.  Thus, I didn’t keep up with the quilt along and waited several months until all the directions were posts.  At that time, I was busy with several other projects and this quilt quickly became a UFO.  Over the past few months, I finished the blocks up and determined it would be a perfect size and color theme for two vibrant baby quilts!

I am linking up Sew Modern Monday hosted by Canoe Ridge Creations.

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

Catching Up

Over the past two months, I haven’t been blogging as much; however, I have been sewing — thus, I have lots to share with you this week.  In the meantime, I will give you a peek with my stash report update that includes 4 completed projects.

Since my last stash report in March, my new fabric only consists of a charm pack for the Philly Modern Quilt Guild Kona Charm Challenge and Snoopy fabric with coordinating .5 yard fabrics.  I used all of my fabric that came in — plus many yards more from my stash!  In total, I was able to finish up 3 baby quilts and a Twister Quilt.  Stop back this week to see the details of all of these finishes.


A Fun Quilt

I made this fun quilt after seeing AnneMarie’s Twister Inspired Quilt from the Gen X Quilters Blog.  I changed it up a bit by using 12.5 inch squares, rather than appliqueing the all 24 circles on one large piece of fabric.  It was far easier for me to center one circle on each square than aligning all the circles.  Here are all of my blocks prior to making the quilt top.

Here is the finished project!

Oh, and the back is pieced!  It was a sunny day, so you can see a silhouette!