February has been a whirlwind of new projects! My quilt room is flowing into the hallway where I set up a table for basting. Here is a preview of the many projects that I started this past month.
From left to right, top to bottom…
- In my sewing machine is the quilt that my mom made for Little Jimmy. She is having me work on the quilting. I am doing echo quilting of the various patterns. It is very dense quilting, which translates into lots of hours!
- I am finishing up a baby quilt with half square triangles. The basting is complete and it is next up for quilting. I am thinking of using a light blue thread and echo the diamond pattern in the white. It is amazing that an entire quilt top can be made from a single charm pack and 3/4 yard of a solid.
- I made wall hangings for Little Jimmy’s room. They are from a panel of Amy Schimler’s original Animal Party collection in the Earth tones. They are adorable, but they don’t hang! They will soon have a hanging strips. In the meantime, they are still a work in progress.
- I am quite behind on making baby quilts. This dinosaur quilt top is in the works. It should be finished this weekend. I am really enjoying how the fabric coordinates so well with each of the dinos! Once this quilt is finished, I will move onto the next baby quilt. At least baby quilts are manageable!
- Little Jimmy is watching me, as I work on making burb cloths for the NICU. In fact, we have cut fabric for dozens. My biggest delay was figuring out how to add a label to them.
- As a delayed Christmas present, I am working on a Twister quilt. The 24 blocks just need to be sewn together.
- I have a table runner that is waiting for some hand binding.
- Another quilt top was basted this week for a wall hanging of Jenn Ski’s A to Z panel.
- Have you worked on a quilt-as-you-go quilt? The concept intrigues me. I am in the middle of a bordered french braid using scraps from a recent Philly Modern Quilt Guild swap.
- Jimmy’s actual crib quilt is waiting for some attention. It may be some time before I pick up this project again, as he is several months away from sleeping with a quilt. When it is finished though, it will match his room perfectly!
- I am working on a Lone Star Quilt. It is amazing and I am in awe every time I work on it!
Somehow, I am juggling all 11 projects. It really has been a month of projects in the works!
Lee from Freshly Pieced Blog is hosting the Work-In-Progress Wednesday Link-Up. Check out the WIP’s for this week!