It has been yet another weekend of sewing! I had a couple of hiccups, but I was able to finally hear my machine hum. I was supposed to meet up with the Philly Modern Quilt Guild for an all day sewing day on Saturday. I was completely packed with intentions of completing a couple of quilts and getting a start on a new one. As the day turned out, I hung out my little man while my husband spent the day recovering from some virus. Luckily, during Jimmy’s naps, I was able to put in some sewing time. I first turned on my machine and it ate my quilt! I cleaned and oiled it and still had issues. I was on a mission to quilt and pulled out the screwdriver to check out the innards. After more cleaning and lots of determination, I was very proud to hear my sewing machine hum without having to take it in for service! It continued to hum all afternoon, as I completed the free motion quilting and binding for my second Floating Triangles Quilt, the binding for Jimmy’s car, and the cutting of a new Chopsticks quilt. I will be sharing my finishes this week, but here is a glimpse of what I worked on this weekend.
This week I used up a yard of black fabric for the remaining background squared in the Floating Triangles quilt, as well as 3.5 yards of fabric for the Chopsticks Quilt. With the addition of 4 yards this week, my fabric usage this year is up to 11.5 yards of fabric with still no new 2013 purchases. Linking up with Judy of Patchwork Times.