Made with batiks, this pickle dish quilt pattern is truly a vibrant quilt!
At 72″ inches square, the quilt is nearly queen size. The technique used is foundation piecing. I completed the quilting using a basic stipping method. The quilt kept me busy this summer. I started on July 7 and finished on October 9.
Links to previous Pickle Dish Quilting posts: Dunder Dog in the Pets on Quilts Show, 70, 71, 72…Finished!, Paper Piecing Curves, Approaching Another Finish
Since August, my pickle dish quilt has made some tremendous progress. Last weekend, I finished the quilt top and quilted it. The finished quilt size is 72″ square. I know understand why quilting is more popular in the winter. When I was stippling the quilt, I felt like I was wearing a heavy quilt and it was too warm for the weather!
Today, I squared the quilt top. Over the next two weeks, I will complete the binding. Hopefully there will be a sunny day to take photographs in the natural sunlight.
Links to previous Pickle Dish Quilting posts: Dunder Dog in the Pets on Quilts Show, 70, 71, 72…Finished!, Paper Piecing Curves
My Friday Night Sew In Project for July was to continue making my 36 blocks of curves. I am now up to 12 blocks after tonight.
What projects kept you busy? Also, check out the others working on their Friday Night Sew In Projects on the Flicker group!
While taking a picture of my 25% piecing milestone, my puppy — Dunder — decided that he really liked this quilt.
After much convincing, he let me take a picture of the quilt without him. I think that he is a tad jealous that I keep making these beautiful gifts and he hasn’t received one…yet…
Although I am super fascinated by curves within quilts, I have been hesitant to quilt curves because I had a hard time visualizing how to sew inverted shapes together. Thus, I started a quilt class tonight to learn curves using the paper piecing technique. We will be working on patterns for pickle dishes, wedding rings, and rattlesnakes.
This quilt is great for scraps; however, the fabric store had a sale and I am now using new fabric! Here is my fabric selection for the Pickle Dish pattern:
I completed 2 curves. Now I am off to making 70 more curves…